Our First Podcast is up!
Without further delay - look above - and you'll find our first ever Podcast which features The Island Q&A we did with co-writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. In our interview they talk about breaking into TV with Sam Raimi, writing for JJ Abrams on Alias and Mission Impossible 3, working with Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks on The Island and next summer's tentative film The Transformers.
Not sure what a podcast is?
Think - Ham Radio mixed with drunken CB radio, but as a downloadable file on your computer.
Don't have an Ipod? No worries.
You can still listen to these shows for free on your regular computer desktop, through your computer speakers. Of course, if you do have an Ipod, you can transfer the file to your Ipod and then take it with ya wherever you go.
While there's a ton of ways to listen to a podcast - here's the easiest Eight Step process:
1. Download the LATEST version of the program, Itunes (version 4.9) for FREE (on Mac or PC) at:
---you must use version 4.9 since the Podcasting features described below can only be found in that version.
2. Follow the easy directions to install Itunes 4.9
3. Open Itunes 4.9
4. Click on the purple button toward the top of your left menu which reads: Podcasts
5. In the bottom of the new page that opens - click on the circle with the arrow for: Podcast Directory
6. The Itunes window will take you to the Podcast section of the Apple Music store and in the blank search window toward the bottom left - type in Creative Screenwriting Magazine - and you'll be taken to a new page.
7. This is the homepage section for our podcast and here you should click the grey Subscribe button toward the upper center of the window to subscribe for free to this Podcast.
By subscribing you will automatically begin downloading our most recent Podcast and then have the option to download others as they appear, so don't forget to check back from time to time by re-opening that first podcast window you did in step 4- since once you subscribe - our new casts will appear ready for download in that window.
This is about a 20 megabyte file and could take up to three or so minutes to download on a DSL or Cable Modem connection.
8. Press play to begin listening to it on your computer!
Or if you have an Ipod that can accept a podcast - transfer the file over to your Ipod and listen to it on the go. You can do this manually (by dragging the file into your library then onto your Ipod) or by synching your Ipod.
Our first Podcast is of the Q&A that followed our screening of The Island and is with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. During our conversation they discuss; working with Spielberg, JJ Abrams (on Alias and MI-3), Michael Bay, and of course their process for re-writing The Island. The sound begins slightly muffled and then fixes itself - so enjoy!
COMING SOON - possibly later this week - so don't forget to check - we will upload podcasts of co-writer Mark Frost discussing Fantastic Four and a podcast of our Four Brothers Q&A with co-writers David Elliot and Paul Lovett - with many more to come!
Drop us a line and let us know what you think?
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening!
Creative Screenwriting Magazine